Researching the school:
Some youtube videos I found. I wonder if I get the information out there if we could raise money and establish a scholarship fund for some of the students in the school. Has it been done? If not what would it take to set up something like that? I think I'll contact some of my friends and see if they have ideas.
I want to get some of the local kids to write letters to the students and pack it into my suitcase to give to them, which is somewhat premature since I haven't even official submitted my application for the program. This is just research so I will know what to write in my application letter. Its heartbreaking to see the pictures and think about people living in such conditions. Conditions that make the slums of the United States look like luxury hotels. I guess in my mind and heart I am making a presentation of pictures and stories and needs of these children so that I can answer the question that screams in my mind "what can we do to help?"
One of my mentors told me that before you can find the solution to any problem, you must first identify it and research the attempts made previously to help. What can I do? My first step is to research what is already being done and connecting with the people in the field and learning from them the best way to aid in measures to give these children a way through education to move above their poverty and living conditions and contribute to their country and the world with their talents and skills. As Nelson Mandela said
"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world."
http://plak.co.za/moreinfo.php?id=20533
pictures of the township where the most of students live from the various student blogs:


**Note*** http://www.us-cert.gov/cas/tips/ST04-014.html
be safe do NOT donate if someone sends you to this site as validation because that is NOT the purpose of this blog.
Hopefully that will keep people from linking this site to future scam sites.
Some youtube videos I found. I wonder if I get the information out there if we could raise money and establish a scholarship fund for some of the students in the school. Has it been done? If not what would it take to set up something like that? I think I'll contact some of my friends and see if they have ideas.
I want to get some of the local kids to write letters to the students and pack it into my suitcase to give to them, which is somewhat premature since I haven't even official submitted my application for the program. This is just research so I will know what to write in my application letter. Its heartbreaking to see the pictures and think about people living in such conditions. Conditions that make the slums of the United States look like luxury hotels. I guess in my mind and heart I am making a presentation of pictures and stories and needs of these children so that I can answer the question that screams in my mind "what can we do to help?"
One of my mentors told me that before you can find the solution to any problem, you must first identify it and research the attempts made previously to help. What can I do? My first step is to research what is already being done and connecting with the people in the field and learning from them the best way to aid in measures to give these children a way through education to move above their poverty and living conditions and contribute to their country and the world with their talents and skills. As Nelson Mandela said
"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world."
http://plak.co.za/moreinfo.php?id=20533
pictures of the township where the most of students live from the various student blogs:
| GPS Coordinates | Decimal | Decimal | Deg Min & Sec | Deg & Decimal Min |
|---|---|---|---|---|
| Latitude | -33.8475° | S 33.8475° | S 33° 50' 51" | -33° 50.85' |
| Longitude | 25.5166° | E 25.5166° | E 25° 30' 59.76" | 25° 30.996' |
| QR Codes | Google Maps | GEO | GEO vCard | Garmin POI |
**Note*** http://www.us-cert.gov/cas/tips/ST04-014.html
be safe do NOT donate if someone sends you to this site as validation because that is NOT the purpose of this blog.
Hopefully that will keep people from linking this site to future scam sites.
No comments:
Post a Comment