This is my first blog, so you can watch me learn to navigate this new technology. I was inspired by reading last year's UNC Wilmington South African teaching interns blogs and decided to compile my research on the wonderful country of South Africa here in preparation for the trip next November. I'm excited about the idea of teaching abroad and learning from everyone. Currently, I am trying to find time to read all the other student and professor blogs about their experience in Emafini. I gleaned that the native language is Xhosa and found this online Xhosa- English Dictionary.
http://www.xhosadictionary.com/search.php?igama=education&stype=general&lang=XE
Imfundo means "education" and I believe that this will be a once in a lifetime experience that will be very educational!
Off to help with Boliva Elementary School's Science Olympiad practice, I am coaching the Dinomite! team today.
Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.
Nelson Mandela
Read more:http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/n/nelson_mandela.html#ixzz1n8djiP2H
UNCW official South Africa site:
http://www.uncw.edu/ed/international/southafrica/index.html
South Africa host university websites:
http://www.nmmu.ac.za/Default.asp?bhcp=1
http://www.isep.org/students/Directory/member_site.asp?CSID=217&ID=18
2011 UNCW South Africa blogs:
Lindsey Deans http://lmdsouthafrica.blogspot.com/
Ashley Flynn http://ashley-flynn.blogspot.com/
Mary Fincannon http://learningisajourneythatneverends.blogspot.com/
Emily Farmer http://ECFinSouthAfrica.blogspot.com<http://ecfinsouthafrica.blogspot.com/>
Gareth Hoernel http://garethinsouthafrica.blogspot.com<http://garethinsouthafrica.blogspot.com/
Maria Johnson http://mjsouthafrica.blogspot.com/
Chelsea Maser http://chelsinsouthafrica.blogspot.com
Donyell Roseboro http://donyellinsouthafrica.blogspot.com/
Chris Blake http://www.chrisblake0613.wordpress.com/

No comments:
Post a Comment