I spoke with Ms. Noluthando a grade 1 teacher today and asked her if she would be willing to get her students to draw a picture of their life in South Africa and then tell us the story of the picture so we could write it on the back of the picture. The kids loved it. Here are some pictures!
I hope my son's 1st grade teacher will be willing to allow the kids to do the same assignment and we can mail back pictures and stories to Ms. Noluthando's class. It would be wonderful to build bridges across the Atlantic!
the above are just a few examples of the Grade 1 pictures and stories (written and translated from Xhosa by their teacher)
Grade 3 game. The children sing and then choose someone they love to dance around and then rejoins the group. Then the child they chose, chooses a new dance partner and repeats as the song continues.
Ami surrounded by a group of students
they noticed I had a camera.
Matilda surrounded by learners
I hope my son's 1st grade teacher will be willing to allow the kids to do the same assignment and we can mail back pictures and stories to Ms. Noluthando's class. It would be wonderful to build bridges across the Atlantic!
the above are just a few examples of the Grade 1 pictures and stories (written and translated from Xhosa by their teacher)
Grade 3 game. The children sing and then choose someone they love to dance around and then rejoins the group. Then the child they chose, chooses a new dance partner and repeats as the song continues.
Ami surrounded by a group of students
they noticed I had a camera.
Matilda surrounded by learners
No comments:
Post a Comment